Skillshare is a web platform that offers online courses through a subscription system. The variety of online courses that Skillshare offers is really wide, in English and Spanish.
Skillshare: At A Glance
Skillshare is the best way to learn new skills, meet people with similar interests and have fun doing what you love. There’s something for everyone with over 3 million members and classes in more than 12,000 topics. I am glad to be one of them.
The creativity-focused platform offers high-quality content, self-paced learning, and a community of creative enthusiasts. With over 10 million class hours watched every month, Skillshare is the place to learn new skills on your own terms.
In addition to the wide range of classes, Skillshare has a unique interface that makes it easy for you to browse through the different courses available. You can even sign up for classes with your email address or Facebook account. It is THAT simple!
It provides an opportunity to share skills and knowledge with anyone who wants to learn, which means you can also become an instructor in Skillshare with simple steps.
What’s more? Skillshare provides professional guidance for those who are attending the sessions, and expert-level teaching is also available on Skillshare.
The fact that Skillshare produces courses in different fields is incredible because most learning platforms restrict themselves to a specific niche. Still, Skillshare provides sub-categories like drawing in a specific software called Procreate.
The moment you enter Skillshare, you’ll see a lot of useful courses to take right up!
Skillshare Free vs Premium: Main Differences
Although you will not regret using Skillshare, you might be a little disappointed when you find out that there are some features limited to Skillshare premium only.
Yet, it does not mean that you cannot do anything in Skillshare if you do not pay for the premium. You can still take courses, get insightful advice, and learn new skills.
I am sure you are thinking, “how is Skillshare Free different from Skillshare Premium?”
- Although you get hundreds of fun and engaging courses on different niches and categories in Skillshare for free, the Skillshare Premium offers 5x additional sets of courses which means even sub-category courses are included as well.
- If you are a self-learner and do not require a discussion regarding a specific chapter in a lesson, you are good to go with Skillshare Free. If not, the community forum/tab might be your calling in the Skillshare Premium.
- Skillshare free offers courses for free and nothing more than that. In contrast, if you unlock Skillshare Premium, you will get exclusive access to workshops conducted by the desired instructor and get practical teaching live.
- Some instructors take the extra mile and offer insightful resources like downloadable files and PDF-formatted workbooks, but you might not be able to access them without purchasing Skillshare Premium.
- Even the free courses you’d get in Skillshare might not allow you to take up the entire course, which means you can stream only the course preview. This is why Skillshare Premium is essential to get the utmost benefit.
- Getting a hands-on learning experience by taking up live projects is only possible in Skillshare Premium because Skillshare Free only offers free courses.
Take up limited courses or explore your creativity with no limits; the choice is yours! At some point, you might feel like you are caged limited free courses, and so upgrading your skill-set demands an upgrade in your Skillshare plan (Premium).